SAY ME

26 November 2010
Peace is word far from my dictionary
Never having seen it might be why
To me peace means a loving family
Which I don't know of
Not having enough food and a house might be why.

It doesn't bother me any more
My brothers, sister and parents being dead,
My house being torn down,
And my country, Palestine being shredded.

Along with peace, justice is some thing, which is not known to me
Watching the killing of innocent people does not surprise me
It does not bring tears to my eyes
Although it kills me inside.

I didn't care if people went to war
I didn't see why people committed suicide in Palestine
I didn't see why they fled Kashmir
I didn't care because of our differences
But now I realize their conditions.

They fought to achieve PEACE
They fought to achieve JUSTICE
And now, so do I.

Isn't the woman there my sister?
in Islam, I mean to say
For I just took my shahadah
at the masjid here today

Isn't the woman there my sister?
I openly ask without any qualms
The one who just walked past me
Without offering me her salaams

Isn't the woman there my sister?
Though she stands alone to pray
Each time I move to touch her shoulder
She takes a step and pulls away

Isn't the woman there my sister?
the lady that is not of my race,
for both of us are muslim women
with varied hues making up our face

Isn't the woman there my sister?
Who laughed and made fun of me
And those other sisters of mine who listened
Doesn't their silence make them also guilty

Isn't the woman there my sister?
Who didn't call me when I was sick
For she seems to only show concern
for those special sisters, in her own click

Isn't the woman there my sister?
Who I invited for iftar in my home
But unfortunately she did not make it
How I wish she had bothered to phone

Isn't the woman there my sister?
Don't we both love our religion - this Deen?
Then why am I sharing my lament
About her being uncaring, indifferent and mean?

Isn't the woman there my sister?
Won't she open up and try to treasure
The love I want and need to share with her
As we both seek Allah's Merciful Pleasure

Oh! How I wish I could have seen,
the Greatest Hero there has ever been.
As his sword with bravery did gleam,
as he did fight the Kuffar and Mushrikeen.

Oh! How I wish my ears could hear,
The Greatest Teacher to ever appear.
As he sat with his Companions so dear,
Beautifully preaching, with love and fear.

Oh! How I wish my Heart to emulate,
The greatest Mercy that ALLAH did ever create.
As he did demolish vice and hate,
As his kindness did reverberate.

Oh! How I wish my Character to be,
Like The Purest of mankind undoubtedly.
As he who played with children lovingly,
As he who was rarely seen unsmilingly.

Oh! How I wish for such determination,
As Him-the Greatest Illumination,
The truth he conveyed to the entire nation,
As he guided them with his motivation

Never could the sun outshine
This Beautiful Nabi of mine.
Oh! How I wish to be like HE
Noble Prophet MOHAMMAD SAW,upon Him May peace Be

I spent the day remembering your being,
I spent the hours bringing myself back to reality,
Because I just got news of the Inevitable,
The passing away of one of Fuuta's Greatest sons,
The Cherno Abubakar Siddeeq of Truthfulness.
I was in a shock requiring no therapy or cure,
As I pondered over your life so clean and pure,
As I remembered your wise words and counsel,
As I reviewed clips of our lives together,
Grandfather, Grandfather, Thou left a record for humanity to learn.
Thou art the mirror of bravery,
Of Truthfulness,decence and so much examplary,
Thou art indeed a friend of the Most High,
A companion of mankind's Greatest Son.
I now refelect on your life,
Which started with trials and strife,
But by Allaah's special Gift you were able to surmount,
Every obstacle on your way and horse of greatness you did mount.
I remember your courage in the face of opppresion,
I know your truthfulness even when it was so bitter,
I saw your passion for good as part of your expression,
I saw your virtues of old continuously glitter.
Grandfather, Grandfather, where are you today?
Have you seen the the Divine Light of that world,
How have you found your flight to Illiyyeen above,
How do you explain the joys of reconciliation with God and Godliness.
How did you find the odour of paradise as your soul proceed forth from this world,
How beautiful was your home in the Cherished Garden,
How did you find being freed from the worries of this world like,
How did you the welcome to the company of the Great Ones of old?
Grandfather,Grandfather meet you Lord pleased and well-pleasing unto Him,
Enjoy your company of the Chosen ones of times past,
We hope to meet you soon in Garden of Bliss and God'd Pleasure,
To indulge the treasures of the Ultimate Garden.
Grandfather,Allah,Glorified be His Name, says to you "O (thou) soul, in (complete) rest and satisfaction!
28. "Come back thou to thy Lord,- well pleased (thyself), and well-pleasing unto Him!
29. "Enter thou, then, among My devotees!
30. "Yea, enter thou My Heaven!
Grandfather, abide in Allah Divine Pleasure,
And enjoy his bountiful and eternal Treasure,
Because you have fulfilled your duty on earth with peace,
And have cared to come back to Allah with a heart of peace.
Wassalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Brakaatuhuu.
amien.

ShareThis