Dua al-Baha - Munajat of Imam Ja'afar al- Sadiq (AS)

13 November 2011

Du’aa’ in the depths of the night, the time before dawn, 
the time when Allaah descends to bestow His bounty upon His slaves, 
to meet their needs and to relieve their distress, when He says:
“Who will call upon Me, that I may answer Him? Who will ask of Me, 
that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness, that I may forgive him?”
[narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1145.]






اللهم إني أسألك من بهائك بأبهاه ، وكل بهائك بهي ، اللهم إني أسألك ببهائك كله ،


O my God, I seek of Your Glory (baha') by the Most-Glorious.
All Your Glory is Glorious.
O my God I seek in Your Glory all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من جمالك بأجمله ، وكل جمالك جميل ، اللهم إني أسألك بجمالك كله ،


O my God, I seek of Your Beauty (jamal) by the Most-Beautiful.
All Your Beauty is Beautiful.
O my God I seek in Your Beauty all existence.


اللهم إني أسألك من جلالك بأجله ، وكل جلالك جليل ، اللهم إني أسألك بجلالك كله ،


O my God, I seek of Your Majesty (jalal) by the Most-Majestic.
All Your Majesty is Majestic.
O my God I seek in Your Majesty all existence

اللهم إني أسألك من عظمتك بأعظمها ، وكل عظمتك عظيمة، اللهم إني أسألك بعظمتك كلها ،


O my God I seek of Your Exaltation ('azim) by the Most-Exalted.
All Your Exaltation is Exalted.
O my God I seek of Your Exaltation all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من نورك بأنوره ، وكل نورك نير ، اللهم إني أسألك بنورك كله ،


O my God, I seek of Your Light (nur) by the Most-Luminous.
All Your Light is Luminous.
O my God I seek in Your Light all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من رحمتك بأوسعها ، وكل رحمتك واسعة ، اللهم إني أسألك برحمتك كلها


O my God, I seek of Your Mercy by the Most-Magnificent (wasi').
All Your Mercy is Magnimonious.
O my God I seek in Your Mercy all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من كلماتك بأتمها ، وكل كلماتك تامة ، اللهم إني أسألك بكلماتك كلها ،


O my God I seek in Your Word (kalam) by the Most-Complete (tamm).
All Your Word is Complete.
O my God I seek in Your Word all existence.

، اللهم إني أسألك من كمالك بأكمله ، وكل كمالك كامل ، اللهم إني أسألك بكمالك كله ،


O my God I seek of Your Perfection (kamal) by the Most-Perfect.
All Your Perfection is Perfectional.
O my God I seek of Your Perfection all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من أسمائك بأكبرها ، وكل أسمائك كبيرة ، اللهم إني أسألك بأسمائك كلها ،


O my God I seek of Your Names ('asma') by the Most-Great Name.
All Your Names are Great.
O my God I seek of Your Names all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من عزتك بأعزها ، وكل عزتك عزيزة ، اللهم إني أسألك بعزتك كلها ،


O my God, I seek of Your Might ('izzat) by the Most-Mighty.
All Your Might is Mighty.
O my God I seek in Your Might all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من مشيتك بأمضاها ، وكل مشيتك ماضية ، اللهم إني أسألك بمشيتك كلها ،


O my God, I seek of Your Will (mashi'a) by the Most-Contented (raDa')
All Your Will is Contented.
O my God I seek of Your Will all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من قدرتك بالقدرة التي استطلت بها على كل شيء ، وكل قدرتك مستطيلة ، اللهم إني أسألك بقدرتك كلها ،


O my God, I seek of Your Power (qudrat) by the Most-Powerful.
All Your Power is Powerful.
O my God I seek of Your Power all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من علمك بأنفذه ، وكل علمك نافذ ، اللهم إني أسألك بعلمك كله ،


O my God, I seek of Your Knowledge ('ilm) by the Most-Realized (nafadh).
All Your Knowledge is Realized.
O my God I seek of Your Knowledge all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من قولك بأرضاه ، وكل قولك رضي ، اللهم إني أسألك بقولك كله ،


O my God, I seek of Your Speech (qawwal) by the Most-Accepting (raDa').
All Your Speech is Accepting.
O my God I seek of Your Speech all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من مسائلك بأحبها إليك ، وكلها إليك حبيبة ، اللهم إني أسألك بمسائلك كلها ،


O my God, I seek of Your Question (masa'il) by the Gatherer (jami').
All Your Questioning unto You is Gathered.
O my God I seek of Your Question all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من شرفك بأشرفه ، وكل شرفك شريف ، اللهم إني أسألك بشرفك كله ،


O my God I seek of Your Honour (sharaf) by the Most-Honorable.
All Your Honor is Honorable.
O my God I seek of Your Honor all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من سلطانك بأدومه ، وكل سلطانك دائم ، اللهم إني أسألك بسلطانك كله ،


O my God, I seek of Your Authority (sultan) by the Sustaining (duwan).
All Your Authority is Sustainable.
O my God, I seek of Your Authority all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من ملكك بأفخره ، وكل ملكك فاخر ، اللهم إني أسألك بملكك كله ،


O God, I seek of Your Dominion (mulk) by the Splenderous (fakhir).
All Your Dominion is Splendid.
O my God, I seek of Your Dominion all existnce.

اللهم إني أسألك من علوك بأعلاه ، وكل علوك عال ، اللهم إني أسألك بعلوك كله ،


O my God, I seek of Your Highness ('ala) by the Most-High.
All Your Highness is High.
O my God, I seek of Your Highness all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من منك بأقدمه ، وكل منك قديم ، اللهم إني أسألك بمنك كله ،


O my God, I seek of Your Enactment (sana) by the Pre-Existent (qadim).
All Your Enacting is Pre-Existing.
O my God, I seek of Your Enactment all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك من آياتك بأكرمها ، وكل آياتك كريمة ، اللهم إني أسألك بآياتك كلها ،


O my God, I seek of Your Signs ('ayat) by the Noble (karim).
All Your Signs are Noble.
O my God I seek Your Signs all existence.

اللهم إني أسألك بما أنت فيه من الشأن والجبروت ، وأسألك بكل شأن وحده وجبروت
وحدها ، اللهم إني أسألك بما تجيبني (به) حين أسألك ، فأجبني يا الله يا الله يا الله .


O my God I seek for repose (malanat) in the [Names] The Defender (al-shan), the Powerful (al-jabarut), through these all [existence] persists (shana), Unifier (wahdah) and One Power (jabarut wahid).
O my God I seek in these Names shelter (janaba) unto all time, I seek shelter
O Lord (ya Allah).

ShareThis